TÜV SÜD supports your organization globally with our end-to-end GDPR services including:
- GDPR readiness/gap assessment
- Third-party assessment
- GDPR roadmap
- GDPR implementation
- External data protection officer services
- Monitor & maintain GDPR compliance
- 1 day GDPR awareness training
- 5 day(s) GDPR implementation training
Your clients will want to know that they can trust your organization to protect their personal data and hence, GDPR compliance will be critical to building trust and earning loyalty.
In case you receive EU Citizen PII from your customer, they would mandate the your organization provides assurance of GDPR Compliance
GDPR not only applies to organizations located within the EU but it will also apply to organizations located outside of the EU if they offer goods or services to, or monitor the behavior of EU data subjects.
It applies to all companies processing and holding the personal data of data subjects residing in the European Union, regardless of the company’s location.
GDPR implementation involves deep understanding of data privacy, the regulation and involves multiple stakeholders from the organization including Legal, HR, IT, Infosec, Business teams and management.
- Heavy financial liability in terms of penalties shall be levied by regulators
- Loss of business
- Loss of customer trust
- Brand reputation is an organization’s most valuable asset which is built over a course of time. Not complying to GDPR may adversely affect your brand image
The EU-GDPR (European Union General Data Protection) regulation act will be enforced from 25th May 2018 onwards.
Penalties levied by regulators
- Fine may be the greater of €10 million or 2% of global annual turnover, whichever is higher
(For non-compliance: Technical measures like impact assessments, breach notifications and certifications)
- Fine may be €20 million or 4% of global annual turnover, whichever is higher
(For non-compliance: Key provisions of GDPR, basic principles for processing, transfer of personal data to a recipient in a third country, data subjects’ rights and non-compliance with an order by a supervisory authority)